Immersion in the Val d’Hérens
Often described as the most beautiful valley in the Valais or as a timeless Switzerland, the Val d’Hérens boasts treasures and natural resources such as the Dent Blanche, the famous pyramids of Euseigne, the mythical Grande Dixence Dam or its many glaciers at the foot of majestic peaks.
From the first discoveries, one can only be seduced by the wild and authentic character of the Val d’Hérens. The entire valley has many traditional villages with a resolutely mountain spirit. Evolène is one of them and has been crowned the most beautiful village in French-speaking Switzerland. The region of Evolène, of which Arolla is a part, consists of picturesque hamlets that are the pride of its inhabitants. A week would not be enough to discover the local nuggets and feel the village life.
Among the must-see spots in the valley. do not miss Hérémence and its unusual church, the dam of the Grande Dixence, the footbridge of Ossona, the valley of Ferpècle, the alpine lakes, the alpine pastures and the emblematic cow of Hérens.. and we forget, as the Val d’Hérens is declined to infinity with varied discoveries over the seasons.
- In the 4 seasons, you will love our valley!
- A preserved valley with large natural spaces, glaciers, mayens and mountain pastures.
- A mythical valley where time seems to have stopped and which embodies the values of a “Slow travel”.
- A valley rich in its inhabitants, with people who are committed to sharing their terroir, their heritage, their tradition.
- A valley where life is good, where it is good to stay.